Volunteer Work Parties: Every Tuesday and every 4th Saturday 9:00 am – Noon
Meet at: The gardens near the Nancy Malmgren Environmental Learning Center
The Demonstration Gardens of Carkeek Park are maintained entirely by volunteer effort. We draw from a wide variety of talented plant-lovers – Master Gardeners, Horticulture students, experienced gardeners, foresters, novice gardeners, and trained Horticulturists. We offer one internship per year (unpaid); our interns have come from Edmonds Community College (EdCC) Horticulture department and from the University of Washington.
In addition to our large number of volunteers, the Gardens receive an annual visit from one or both of the pruning classes offered at EdCC. Students practice their skills under the direction of their instructors – certified horticulturists and ISA certified arborists.
The Carkeek Park Demonstration Gardens are now part of the WSU Master Gardener group.
For more information or to volunteer or join our team, please contact:
Drexie Malone | 206.550.5406 | Drexie.Malone@comcast.net
- Check out the Carkeek Park Demonstration Gardens.
- More information about the Demonstration Garden Beds
- The Carkeek Demonstration Garden Blog about what the Gardeners are doing.
- Saving Place: Restoring the Demonstration Gardens at Carkeek Park, an article by Deborah Phare
- Display Garden, Carkeek Park — a photographic slide show by Plumb Pixel Photography
- The Whispering Season, an essay contribution by Deborah Phare.
- Rhododendron Map
- Fern Glen Ferns Map