JOIN US !!!
Last salmon release of the season!
Saturday, May 28 – 5:00 PM
You can join us for the release of the last 2,000 fingerings! They are ready to go!
- We kept about 2,000 salmon since our big releases on March 1 (31,000) and April 23 (35,000).
- These fingerlings have been visited by hundreds of park visitors, classrooms of students, and of course our enthusiastic Salmon Imprint Stewards since March 3 when they first arrived. Some are almost 4 inches long now!
- After these fish are released into Venema Creek, a total of about 98,000 fish will have been released this Spring, including 4,000 Salmon in Schools fish from 22 local elementary schools.
- Join us as we release these eager fish into Venema Creek and wish them well on their journey to the Ocean.
- Some of these fish will return to these home waters in 3-5 years to spawn in the fall.
- Salmon Programs at the Imprint Pond are developed and maintained by volunteers from Carkeek Watershed Community Action Project with the generous support of the Suquamish Tribe.
- Eggs and fry are donated each year by the Suquamish Tribe’s Grovers Creek Salmon Hatchery. Thank you!
- Additional support is provided by Carkeek Park Advisory Council, Seattle Parks & Recreation, Seattle Public Utilities, and Department of Fish & Wildlife.
Look for the Feeding Salmon Fry sign across from the parking lot at the first crosswalk as you come in from the Main Entrance. Please park in the available parking lots and then follow the sign to the Imprint Pond.