Friends of Piper’s Orchard to host Apple Wassailing and Pruning Work Party
The Friends of Piper’s Orchard invite the community to join them in celebrating Carkeek Park’s historic orchard on Saturday, February 4th when Sound and Fury Morris and Sword (www.soundandfurymorris.com) will come to dance and make music as we bless our trees in hopes of a fruitful harvest later in the year.
The wassailing will take place around 11:30am. We will be providing hot cider, hot chocolate and treats. We will also be holding a winter pruning work party. Even if you’re not a pruner, you can assist with cutting up and bringing trimmings down to the trail.
- When: Saturday, February 4, 2017
- What time: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Piper’s Orchard in Carkeek Park,
950 NW Carkeek Park Rd, Seattle
- Trails Map (PDF) showing trail to Piper’s Orchard
and parking areas in yellow
- Google Map showing Piper’s Orchard location
- Cost: The wassailing is free and open to the public.
- More info: email email@example.com or visit www.pipersorchard.org
The Friends of Piper’s Orchard is a group of dedicated volunteers who rescued the historic North Seattle orchard from invasive plants. The volunteers ensure that the orchard, originally planted in the 1890s, will survive at least another 100 years.
The Festival is sponsored by Friends of Piper’s Orchard, Seattle Parks and Recreation, and Carkeek Park Advisory Council.